Friday, August 31, 2012

Bathroom Incident

In class I read page five of the Brown Dog. I had to read some of the lines twice to understand what it was saying. It wasn’t becausumbled and was kind of jumpy. But it was very descriptive and was able to give ye the words were hard to understand, just the way it was wrote. I thought it seemed very jou a vivid of what was happening.

I thought the story was really depressing from the part I read. I love animals and reading stories about animals being abused puts me in that depressed feeling.

If you have never experienced around an “angry” drunk you can’t really understand what the child and wife was feeling. I know the child and wife was probably horrified and was too scared  to step in and help the dog. They knew if they tried to help the dog he would more than likely take out his anger on them .

I honestly feel really bad for the dog. Dog’s can’t tell if somebody is drunk. Animals only see that you’re acting different. As a house pet the dog was probably thinking they are here to care of me and to love me. So, when the man started throwing stuff at the dog he didn’t realize the dad was being mean till after being kicked at. It took time for the dog to fully register the fact the man was out to hurt him not play!  

Just by reading the one page I was able to figure out what the whole story was about. I wouldn’t need to read the rest because I already knew how it ended.

I thought it seemed like an ok story just very depressing. I wouldn’t recommend it to just anyone. I would tell older people to read the story. I think it’s more high school level and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment