Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mcdondalds beating/ in class

I don't even know what to say about this other than wow! How could this man sit and watch this woman be beat down by two teenagers and not even try to assist her in anyway. The fight was extremely unfair, one woman against two teenagers. Even if she was older there was no way she could have defended herself against two people. I took the liberty of going and watching the video on Youtube of this incident. I'm beyond frustrated at the people who was actually their. Two people tried to help the girl being beaten. The main person trying to help the girl was an elderly woman. Nobody even tried to help the elderly woman when the two teenage girls threaten to hit the elderly woman. It truly disgusted me to hear people laughing in the background. The fact that the two teenage girls was able to beat the girl then drag her across the McDonald's by her hair and halfway out the door is just crazy! Nobody realized how serious this event was until the girl being beaten started having a seizure. After watching this video I just had to extra research I needed answers on how this happened and why. After doing much research I learned this fight was over a transgender woman using the ladies room. I was appalled to find out this was all over the transgender woman using the ladies room! I was very relieved to find out that the transgender woman Chrissy pressed charges against both teenagers, Monae Brown 18 and the other girl whose identity remains anonymous because she is 14. Monae Brown spent time behind bars for assault. Both girls were charged for a hate crime. In my own opinion they deserved much worse! The worker who taped this fight was fired from McDonald's. I think he should have had some kind of charges against him for taping the incident and laughing during it. I was also glad to hear that Chrissy the beaten woman is healing well and starting to be able to move on with her life.

3 comments:

  1. Good lawd! What is it about McDonalds that brings out the ghetto in people. There wasa woman who about killed someone because she was missing a chicken nugget from her kids meal. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I know right? Here soon your gonna have to be 21 and older to enter haha!

      Delete
  2. So was this a current event that you found, or something you discussed in class? If it's a current event, please link to the article.

    This is a tragic story, but at least the perpetrators are not escaping justice entirely.

    ReplyDelete