Thursday, September 13, 2012

My read

I’ve read lots and lots of books. In this blog I would like to share a couple of my favorites.

One of my top favorites would have to be Good night Mr. Tom. The book takes place during WWII. During WWII children in Europe were often sent off to live in the country to escape some of the terrors of living in the city. In the book a little boy is sent to live in the country with a man named Tom. After a couple hardships the boy and man became very close. When the war drew to an end the boys mother sent word saying he could back and the boy wasn’t happy. What Mr. Tom didn’t know the mother was an alcoholic and she was very cruel to the boy. This book starts of slow but has an ending that makes you beg for more.

Another one of my favorites is Vampire Mine. Vampire Mine is a twisted love story between a vampire and fallen angel. The angel and vampire teach each other many things they would have never knew without meeting the other. It’s a very powerful story that keeps you on the edge of your seat!

The last book I’m going to talk about is called A black man's tribute to his white mother. I borrowed this book from my sister last year. My sister got the book for a college class and couldn’t really understand the work the teacher gave her dealing with the book. I read the book to help my sister answer her questions. I thought this book was extremely powerful and moving. At a young age this man had to learn about discrimination. I think it was truly amazing how strong his mother was! To live in that time period and have mixed children had to be beyond tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment